Liston Hall was first used as a Primitive Methodist Church in 1874 and was built at a cost of around £700. When the church joined forces with the Methodists in Spittal Street the building was bought by Mrs Forbes Liston who presented it to the people of Marlow as a public hall.
The hall was used by a variety of occupants, ranging from a County Library to a Dance Hall, but in 1970 Marlow Community Association was formed and took over the management of the building.
Under the control of an executive committee, ably supported by a team of enthusiastic volunteers, Liston Hall has developed over the years, improving and updating the facilities year on year.
The main aim of the MCA is to bring
together groups and individuals offering
mutual support and friendship and provide them with the facilities to pursue that aim.
Membership is open to all, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or political persuasion.
Marlow Community Association is a
registered charity, run by volunteers', and relies on the regular use of the hall to generate income…
…one of the reasons we make
every effort to ensure your visit is
a memorable one!